As of December 2011, the HomePlug AV2 specification was released for next-generation powerline networking. It’s now faster than ever to handle the most demanding online services and applications. HomePlug AV2 is based on more than a decade of real-world experience and extensive field tests validating in-home coverage and performance across five countries with wide variances in home construction.
HomePlug AV2 technology supports next-generation broadband speeds, making it ideal for Internet video, multi-room IPTV, online gaming and other high demand networking uses, particularly when using multiple 4K Ultra HD devices simultaneously.
Expanded Coverage and Performance
- Enhances delivery of 4K Ultra HD video streams throughout the home
- Anticipates move towards ultra-high-speed broadband access and services
- Ideal backbone for hybrid networks with Wi-Fi
- Support for MIMO (multiple-input and multiple-output) with beamforming - Doubles rate coverage
- Whole-home coverage with repeater functionality
- High-definition video and audio support without noticeable dropouts or artifacts
- Complete interoperability without degradation with HomePlug AV and HomePlug Green PHY™ devices
- Power save: Active, Standby and Idle
View our infographic for more information on HomePlug AV2 technology's features:
The following video shows a demonstration of HomePlug AV2 technology in action:
Missing flash plugin. Download here