HomePlug GreenPHY Overview (pdf, 551k)
HomePlug GreenPHY White Paper (pdf, 1.3m)
HomePlug GP is based on customer requirements for cost, coverage and performance and driven by input from utility companies, as well as companies that manufacture meters, automobiles and appliances.
In addition to low cost and power consumption, IP networking and interoperability with the installed base of powerline products are key to the success of products. As such, HomePlug GP will be interoperable with both HomePlug AV and IEEE 1901.
This means that HomePlug Green PHY™ is a certification profile of IEEE 1901.
- Principal applications: Monitor and control devices via low speed, low cost powerline communications; Smart Energy: demand response, load control, energy efficiency; Home/Building Automation
- Target features: Interoperable with HomePlug AV; HomePlug GP is a profile of IEEE P1901; Low power consumption; Low cost
- Estimated, up to 75% lower cost, 75% less power consumption than HomePlug AV
- Internet (IP) networking: 802.2, IPv6 support
- Minimum 1 Mbps effective data rate (3.8 Mbps peak PHY rate)
- Support for firmware updates